Saturday, November 1, 2014

Boot, a bed of flowers

Spent the morning at Fairchild learning about pollinators and plants with a student participating in the Fairchild Challenge. Rushed home, inspired, to draw flowers on my army boot from Afghanistan. Imagine my surprise when the google search turned up images of soldiers in poppy fields of Afghanistan!!! Perfect. Perhaps the boot has already been there?



I am going to get some fake poppies and wheat stalks (for the breadbasket of America) to fill the boot like a planter. It gives it the height it needs visually, and takes a little away from the sobering facts of skyrocketing heroin addiction and supply in this country since our occupation. I don't want to be negative about the mission. I want to support the troops as well as I can. This boot will be auctioned during Miami Basel off to buy ipads for soldiers on the front lines. www.ipadsfor soldiers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment