Thursday, June 11, 2015

Big Glorified Nothing

Leaving the dining hall stuffed, and slightly righteous from my early morning rendezvous in the meditation chapel, I crossed the sleepy road and was struck by the fact that I have nothing to do. I have gloriously nothing to do! I could go back to bed, or sit on a rock by the river; I could paint in my studio or paint my toenails; I could read in the library or start an exercise routine. This time is an incredible gift. This is what a residency comes down to. I have nothing to worry over, to race under, to catch up to, to fix, to break, to organize, or to procrastinate. Nobody here cares if I achieve my goals or not. They don't even care if I have goals.
Staring at the walls


2 comments:

  1. I love the map piece!! It's brilliant, so expansive in it's breath, in it's implication. Walk away, you've done enough!

    ReplyDelete